The Inaugural Science of Learning Institute Symposium and 3rd Annual Gateway Sciences Initiative Excellence in Teaching and Learning in the Sciences Symposium will be held January 13-14, 2016. Distinguished scientists and practitioners will highlight cutting-edge research on learning (including approaches from neuroscience, cognitive science, psychology, computer science, engineering, and education) and pioneering pedagogical innovations.
Science of Learning Symposium Videos: Click here to view the Day 1 presentations.
Program: See below for a list of speakers and click here to view our program.
Day 1: Science of Learning Symposium January 13, 2014
- Margaret Livingstone - Professor of Neurobiology, Harvard University
- Michael McCloskey, Professor of Cognitive Science, Johns Hopkins University
- Takao Hensch, Professor of Molecular & Cellular Biology & Neurology, Harvard University
- James Knierim, Professor of Neuroscience and Mind/Brain Institute, Johns Hopkins University
- Luca Bonatti, ICREA Research Professor of Information and Communication Technologies, Center for Brain and Cognition, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Lisa Feigenson, Associate Professor of Psychological & Brain Sciences, Johns Hopkins University
- Sharon Goldwater, SICSA Reader in the Institute for Language, Cognition, & Computation, University of Edinburgh
- Gregory Hager, Chair and Professor of Computer Science, Johns Hopkins University
Day 2: Gateway Sciences Initiative Excellence in Teaching and Learning in the Sciences Symposium January 12, 2016
- Sian Beilock, Professor of Psychology, University of Chicago
- Sarah-Jane Leslie, Professor of Philosophy & Psychology, Princeton University
- Linda Gorman, Director of Undergraduate Studies & Teaching Professor of Psychological & Brain Sciences, Johns Hopkins University
- Gina Frey, Florence Moog Professor of STEM Education; Associate Professor of Chemistry; Executive Director of The Teaching Center; and Co-Director of Center for Integrative Research on Cognition, Learning, and Education, Washington University of St. Louis
- Hal Pashler, Distinguished Professor of Psychology, University of California, San DiegoMartha Zaslow
- Martha Zaslow, Director of the Office for Policy and Communications, Society for Research in Child Development; Senior Scholar, Child Trends